Rental Agreement - Members' Obligation and Waiver
In signing this booking agreement I agree that I have thoroughly read and understand the Terms and Conditions below and have paid all Fees, including Damage Deposit if requested. In the event of damage or loss I will immediately repair or replace equipment to Club standards at the Club’s discretion. Furthermore, I understand that my removal/rental of equipment from the Locarno Sailing Club is entirely voluntary and at my own risk, and is an ACTIVITY entirely covered under the WAIVER AND CLAIMS, RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS document that I signed on becoming a member of the Club. In particular, I waive any and all claims I may now and in the future have against, and release and forever discharge from liability, and agree not to sue the CLUB (as defined in the aforementioned document) for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me as a result of my removing/renting Club equipment from the JSCA facility due to any cause whatsoever , including without limitation, active or passive negligence, imprudence, lack of skill, error of judgment, breach of contract, or breach of statutory duty of care on the part of the CLUB.
Terms and Conditions
- Removal of equipment without a completed rental form, pre-paid fees and Club approval is strictly forbidden. Members will be held liable for all rental charges and will face suspension of club privileges, which may lead to expulsion.
- Rentals are for members only. No guest may rent or use Club equipment.
- Only one rental booking per member at a time.
- No rentals concurrent with Club trips. It is the responsibility of the renting member to return all equipment prior to any Club Trip and to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Maximum booking is for 10 days including the days of departure and return.
- Equipment may be picked up after sunset the day prior to the rental period.
- The member is wholly responsible for all damage to Club equipment on a rental, regardless of circumstance, including theft. Determination of damage or loss is at the Club’s discretion.
- The renting member must own or have access to proper transportation hardware, such as roofrack and strapping, and must know how to safely transport equipment.
- It is highly recommended that the renting member possess household insurance that covers claims for loss of Club equipment to the minimum amount of $3,000.
- Any cancellation with less than one week’s notice may be subject to a 1-day charge. Any cancellation with less than 48 hours may be subject to a 2-day charge.
- The director must be notified by firstname.lastname@example.org if you are delayed for whatever reason in returning equipment.
- Returned equipment must be checked-in by a Fleet Director or Executive, and must be cleaned.
- Equipment to be rented is at the final discretion of either a Fleet Director or the Executive. Factors include Jericho demand, type of gear, other rentals, or Level of member. Please confirm verbally or by email for availability before making choices.